Viven Serious Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xenophon Aziraphale

2 posters

Go down

Xenophon Aziraphale Empty Xenophon Aziraphale

Post by god Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:23 pm

Username:  

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:33368814

Steam Profile: i cant post it bc new members are balhabalhaa

Time on server: Today

Is this a character application, or transfer: Application

If transfer, what previous roleplay has occured(Gist of it): Though this is by no means a char transfer I've played on a couple of fantasy RP's with characters that have a similar ability. The most uses I found for it was to settle quarrel between two characters by having Azira as the middleman to dispute it (really they're only agreeing to agree on her), otherwise it's used to by a means of conversing with generally antagonistic/asshole characters haha.

What items are you requesting? A spell book that she received from her mother with complete explanations of psychic magic. A rare curse-binding item, a very much unironically a choker that her mother bequeathed upon the girl once she was born (I.E: This choker makes it so that Azira must basically use her resonance abilities for her likeliness or it will become so tight that it will literally choke her, essentially a continuous mana quantifier tied to her emotions that allows her to have a much more perplex and very simple use of her special magic abilities. Whilst an item which can kill her, it could also be seen as the only reason why she is alive todate due to her backstory.)

Roleplay experiences? alot, 6 years Gmod? More in general.

Why should you have all this? I believe the idea of a character whose main ability is to bring together characters into agreement (atleast agreement on her wishes) is very interesting and could work extremely well in the setting of this server, as it has on a few other servers where I've had slightly similar magic capabilities. Furthermore, personally I would say I'm responsible enough to have what could be described as an OP character, especially considering her base intentions are for the better.

Backstory: There once lived a prestigious young man in the ever-advancing kingdom of ‎◼◼◼◼◼ who had an unforeseen and glorious idea befall him, and through what could be called keen observation saw the sprawling and fickle society that was rapidly building around him; with twisted planning the mere mortal of a man then perverted the likes of a god as he simultaneously committed unscrupulous acts upon humanity. Thus Aziraphale was conceived, and through unknown workings had became a symbol of hope, a ‘Future’, for the oblivious and religion seeking citizens of ◼◼◼◼◼; even unbenounced to them the supposed reincarnation of a god had herself been but a puppet from blood, as her ‘father’ began to tamper with not only an innocent mind but the unknown magic of psychic abilities to further expand an only describable divine plan he’d had in mind. Evil, he’d believed, was but a purposeless definition the races placed upon beings, and even if Aziraphale had truly never committed divine evil, the subconscious brainwashing through psychic abilities she casted upon her pious peers was only due to the mind numbing sessions she was forced to endure, conditioning it to simply be natural for the young female. Although, it all came to an end eventually once a powerful mage attended one of these prayers to discover these indescribable religious practices - The ‎◼◼◼◼◼ army hastily put a stop to the dubbed cult and through no fault of his own, Aziraphale's fathers vile secrets were revealed. Well, most of them, as Aziraphale in a sudden turn of realization and determination one night escaped a delusion of what she once believed was her sacred home only after discovering only a piece of her father's true intentions. Disgusted, bewildered and betrayed Aziraphale made hastes way for a world only known in the few books which she was allowed to read.

What are your characters' ambitions? The only reason Aziraphale had barely made it from the grasps of ‎◼◼◼◼◼'s army was from a vision which came to her of who she thinks is her mother, a depiction of what she believed to be in the near future of the two joyously meeting once again. This extremely mysterious woman that she previously knew nothing about, other than a diary of hers that she'd discovered after easily unlocking one of the various locked doors in the huge Church that she was essentially kept prisoner in, completely fascinated the girl; considering her own beliefs that she would be the only one who'd understand her own unknown magical powers. Alone and estranged Aziraphale ventures in search for the only family she has left.

What are your characters' perks/skills? Being that her psychic abilities came to her at a very young age, ontop of the meticulous brainwashing her father had forced her through; Azira is neither good, nor evil, but just a girl believing in the good that she knows. She simply is what she believes she is; and up until the most recent months of her life she's been believing that she is to the likes of a god.

Magic Capabilities: Her abilities within Resonance magic while limited are completely mastered, as the one humming tune she does to cast her affection magic has been one she's used throughout her entire life; other Resonance magic is completely unknown to her, though understandably it wouldn't be difficult to pickup on.
As for the girls psychic capabilities, she falls between adept and expert considering it's been something that she'd find came rather second-nature to herself - finding it quite easy to move things with her mind as well as swindle her way into places she definitely shouldn't be with the use of her big brain magic, though she's by far not skilled enough as she possibly could be with her base point zero knowledge besides the spell book she has.

What are your characters' faults/flaws? Considering that she has been locked up in a church for what has been most of her life, the little social interaction with others have been those who quite literally worship her for reasons completely unknown to her other than she said next weeks harvest will be plentiful, because of this she is far too pious and self involved in her own self to make completely normal emotional interactions with others. She get's what she wants, and most of the time she doesn't even know what it really is she wants. Furthermore, her little world and combat knowledge has the potential to be extremely deadly especially with her otherwise harmless though certainly careless use of psionic abilities.

Character Traits: Aziraphale really is an intelligent girl, common sense is something she personally endows herself to be very 'skilled' at and through the teachings at her times from Church the skillful charm of words is yet another thing which comes naturally to themselves. Other than what has already been stated, she's pretty normal, or so she'd probably say.

Character Age: 18

Character Race: Human/Veteri.

Notes: I'm open to debate aswell as any questions had about this character, although my attempt was to make everything rather straight-forwards for all admins to understand.

Last edited by cola on Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:11 pm; edited 8 times in total
god
god

Back to top Go down

Xenophon Aziraphale Empty Re: Xenophon Aziraphale

Post by Captain Snyder Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:16 am

You're not actually supposed to apply for unique spells through the character application process, though I commend you for your attention detail. I'm going to have to re-write the spells that were custom made, in order to fit in with the rest of the spells. (They can't have personal information)

As for your character's abilities, please list the actual schools of magic you're planning to use, and what your skill with them is. (Untrained - Novice - Adept - Expert - Master)

Pending until revisions are made.
Captain Snyder
Captain Snyder
Admin

https://vivenseriousroleplay.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Snyder Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:53 pm

So, I finally took a moment to actually read the app in full length, instead of a quick skim.

Items Requested wrote:
What items are you requesting? A spell book that she received from her mother with complete explanations of psychic magic. A rare curse-binding item, a very much unironically a choker that her mother bequeathed upon the girl once she was born (I.E: This choker makes it so that Azira must basically use her resonance abilities for her likeliness or it will become so tight that it will literally choke her, essentially a continuous mana quantifier tied to her emotions that allows her to have a much more perplex and very simple use of her special magic abilities. Whilst an item which can kill her, it could also be seen as the only reason why she is alive todate due to her backstory.)

So you want a choker that can literally choke you, if you don't use magic. I'm not really going to go in-depth as to why I think that this idea is, well, ridiculous (Though there is much more colorful vocabulary I would love to use here). While the core concept of the idea was definitely interesting, I believe you could have done a much better job of portraying this. It's a bit far-fetched, and honestly I don't believe a choker would be capable of being large enough to support a blessing/curse of this caliber. Not only that, but you imply that the magic channeled through this is altered by her emotions. Which... Simply put, there's not really any way for magic to actually determine a character's emotional state. It may be able to determine if someone displays signs of stress, or if they are in a positive mood, I do not believe magic would be able to determine emotions to a fine-print, such has happiness, joy, anxiety, depression, hatred, greed, and so on and so forthe.

I would recommend changing this artifact to something more reasonable. Cloth/linen doesn't really have the capability support artifacts. Simply put, they're just too fragile and easily broken. It would have to be on something more solid, like a ring. If you seriously enjoy being choked by magical artifacts, I'd recommend a metal collar.

Backstory wrote:
Backstory: There once lived a prestigious young man in the ever-advancing kingdom of ‎◼◼◼◼◼ who had an unforeseen and glorious idea befall him, and through what could be called keen observation saw the sprawling and fickle society that was rapidly building around him; with twisted planning the mere mortal of a man then perverted the likes of a god as he simultaneously committed unscrupulous acts upon humanity. Thus Aziraphale was conceived, and through unknown workings had became a symbol of hope, a ‘Future’, for the oblivious and religion seeking citizens of ◼◼◼◼◼; even unbenounced to them the supposed reincarnation of a god had herself been but a puppet from blood, as her ‘father’ began to tamper with not only an innocent mind but the unknown magic of psychic abilities to further expand an only describable divine plan he’d had in mind. Evil, he’d believed, was but a purposeless definition the races placed upon beings, and even if Aziraphale had truly never committed divine evil, the subconscious brainwashing through psychic abilities she casted upon her pious peers was only due to the mind numbing sessions she was forced to endure, conditioning it to simply be natural for the young female. Although, it all came to an end eventually once a powerful mage attended one of these prayers to discover these indescribable religious practices - The ‎◼◼◼◼◼ army hastily put a stop to the dubbed cult and through no fault of his own, Aziraphale's fathers vile secrets were revealed. Well, most of them, as Aziraphale in a sudden turn of realization and determination one night escaped a delusion of what she once believed was her sacred home only after discovering only a piece of her father's true intentions. Disgusted, bewildered and betrayed Aziraphale made hastes way for a world only known in the few books which she was allowed to read.

Why did you censor parts of your application? We have plenty of support for open-ended lore, and even encourage our players to write their own lore and submit it to the forums for review. This seems odd, but isn't really all that bad, ultimately. Further more, why is your character able to "subconsciously" brainwash other people? Even if your character was a psychic, there is no "subconscious" magic which can take affect. As well as magic isn't something that is generally accessible to children, until they begin to go through the stages of puberty. While pre-pubescent children might have an inherent arcane ability, they wouldn't have the intelligence to utilize it until they're starting to go through puberty. Moving on, your father's secrets are revealed to the public. In a situation where a society discovers their leader to be part of a cult group, they would all likely rise up in the name of Itas/Edes, and the town would be put on high-alert. It would be extremely difficult for your character to escape. Honestly, it would've been better if you had simply written that your character was captured by the townsguard, then escaped jail.

Ambition wrote:What are your characters' ambitions? The only reason Aziraphale had barely made it from the grasps of ‎◼◼◼◼◼'s army was from a vision which came to her of who she thinks is her mother, a depiction of what she believed to be in the near future of the two joyously meeting once again. This extremely mysterious woman that she previously knew nothing about, other than a diary of hers that she'd discovered after easily unlocking one of the various locked doors in the huge Church that she was essentially kept prisoner in, completely fascinated the girl; considering her own beliefs that she would be the only one who'd understand her own unknown magical powers. Alone and estranged Aziraphale ventures in search for the only family she has left.

I don't think you understood the question. We're not asking why your character is searching for her family, we just want to know what her ambitions are. Finding her family would be an ambition, but what else? Does your character have any ambitions aside from simply finding her mother? Why would your character stay in the region, if her mother was not to be found? What would tie her to the area and make her stay in the local region.

Skills wrote:What are your characters' perks/skills? Being that her psychic abilities came to her at a very young age, ontop of the meticulous brainwashing her father had forced her through; Azira is neither good, nor evil, but just a girl believing in the good that she knows. She simply is what she believes she is; and up until the most recent months of her life she's been believing that she is to the likes of a god.

Magic Capabilities: Her abilities within Resonance magic while limited are completely mastered, as the one humming tune she does to cast her affection magic has been one she's used throughout her entire life; other Resonance magic is completely unknown to her, though understandably it wouldn't be difficult to pickup on.
As for the girls psychic capabilities, she falls between adept and expert considering it's been something that she'd find came rather second-nature to herself - finding it quite easy to move things with her mind as well as swindle her way into places she definitely shouldn't be with the use of her big brain magic, though she's by far not skilled enough as she possibly could be with her base point zero knowledge besides the spell book she has.

Once more, you don't really answer this question properly. You tell us that she is neutral, but that's not the question. We're asking what her perks and skills are. You would want to say, "She is skilled in Psychic Magic, as well as Arcane Magic". We're not asking about her moral standings, we're just trying to understand your character's skills. You then proceed to add in a new part to the format called Magic Capabilities. Please, don't change the application process. It makes it slightly confusing, and quite frankly a bit of a nuisance as I review applications on a per-question (if relevant) basis, and creating a new question to answer the question that was previously asked is just frustrating.

Regardless, you answered the question in a poorly-formatted manner. Please keep this in mind when you reapply.

Flaws wrote:What are your characters' faults/flaws? Considering that she has been locked up in a church for what has been most of her life, the little social interaction with others have been those who quite literally worship her for reasons completely unknown to her other than she said next weeks harvest will be plentiful, because of this she is far too pious and self involved in her own self to make completely normal emotional interactions with others. She get's what she wants, and most of the time she doesn't even know what it really is she wants. Furthermore, her little world and combat knowledge has the potential to be extremely deadly especially with her otherwise harmless though certainly careless use of psionic abilities.

Again, you explain why your character has these flaws, instead of just stating the flaws simply. Further more, I don't think you fully understand how the magic system works, considering all spells are written into the server and free-form magic isn't actually a thing. It sounds to me as if your psychic magic is dangerous because you don't know how to use it, but that wouldn't be true, either. Most magics are dangerous to the caster, primarily, though more advanced forms of magic are dangerous to those who stand around you. It's not like your psychic abilities would accidentally hurt someone out the blue.

Race wrote:Character Race: Human/Veteri.

I'm just going to say no, straight up. While half-breeds exist, the Veteri are believed to be extinct. They are immensely rare, and even further more, they would not mate with anything other than their own species. They view the other species as inferior, something of which they created with magic, and as such, they also consider the main species to be considered their children. (as all races are descendants of the Veteri)

My verdict?

Denied.

Please feel free to reapply once you have read my review entirely. Feel free to also message me on discord if you want to discuss anything in specific.
Captain Snyder
Captain Snyder
Admin

https://vivenseriousroleplay.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum