Viven Serious Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thermal's list of ideas and cool stuff i guess

2 posters

Go down

Thermal's list of ideas and cool stuff i guess Empty Thermal's list of ideas and cool stuff i guess

Post by Thermal Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:46 am

Artifacts:

[COMMON] Dagger of Silence: A short dagger favored by those who follow Koros, the dagger mutes the screams of those stabbed or slashed by its blade. The trade-off being the dagger itself is unwieldy and unbalanced. The blade itself is also a rather blunt black iron whenever it is first found, but it is easy to improve the sharpness of the blade. When purified the blade becomes the Blade of Justice and does double damage against undead or other unholy entities while losing its original trait. When corrupted, the blade does double damage against all holy entities while also keeping its original trait, this is called the Bane of Redemption.

[UNCOMMON] Shield of Sacrifice: A protective shield blessed by Axbus then corrupted by Xeres a time ago. What once used to be a shield of protecting the weak now serves as a device of perpetual corruption. Every spell cast upon the shield is absorbed without fail, however every spell absorbed will directly transfer corruption into the user. The corruption can be purged but not by the one corrupted, it must be done by someone else. This item is unable to be purified by any means, excluding that of another God.

[RARE] Chalice of Purity: A golden chalice blessed by Itas and Koros. While in possession of a mortal person, that person cannot be poisoned conventionally. Poisoned tipped blades and other unconventional means are still effective. There are two means of curing oneself. Simply by clutching the chalice for reduced effectiveness, or drinking the liquid contained inside. The liquid is infinite and never spills from the cup. Only those in neutral or holy standing can use the Chalice of Purity. If the Chalice is corrupted, an infinite source of lethal poison similar to cyanide will be created. It can be used to coat weapons, food, drinks, and other applications. The Chalice of Purity, when corrupted, becomes the Black Chalice.

[RARE] Rings of Nay: A collection of ten rings. While individually useless, when worn in the proper order and on the proper hand, the artifacts are able to nullify a casted spell even when the spell is targetting the caster. The origins of the rings are hearsay at best, but a baseless assumption was that of Axbus or even Edes. If the nullification fails, the spell is doubled in effect. [A 50 and above is a success with 100 being a critical success. Critical success sends the spell back to the sender. A 49 and below is a failure with 1 being a critical failure. Critical failure results in one of the rings disappearing and reappearing somewhere else in the realm].

Blessings:

[RARE] Love of Itas: A gift from Itas, a show of affection and attention. Whether given to those in service of Her or those who abstain from unneeded violence, this is largely viewed as a sort of paragon status. There are very few people who possess this blessing and are often considered Saints. Of the very few bestowed, there have been rumors of halos or angel wings being displayed, a visual effect of Itas Herself. Another rumor being that these individuals can speak to Itas at any time they choose in order to enact her will. Any champion of Itas will possess this blessing, but it is not restricted to champions.

[RARE] Book of Knowledge: A singular book crafted from poorly made leather. While unassuming in visage, when opened it will reveal to the reader all knowledge on one specific subject. It has been rumored to reveal secrets, with the ability to topple kingdoms or bring those to justice. The Book tends to appear to those with a mission in mind, a sort of indirect interference of whatever God put it on this plane. Once the book is read, it's contents are ingrained into the mind with a flash, and the book disappears to somewhere else in the realm at random. If two people are attempting to read the book, it will not open. If the book is destroyed, tampered with, or damaged in any way, the book will disappear to somewhere else in the realm. The book tends to avoid repeating a blessing on one person.

Curses:

[UNCOMMON] Wrath of Koros: Viewed as a blessing by some and a curse for others, the Wrath of Koros is commonly bestowed upon those who relish in conflict more than acceptable bounds. Indulging in it. The Wrath of Koros increases the ability of the fighter by double in all aspects physical. However, it nullifies all magical abilities while also reducing the tactical ability of the cursed to a permanent berserker. With no ability to properly reason and judge threats, most bearers of the Wrath of Koros are either undead, arrogant, or die quickly.

[RARE] Hellwalker: The bestowed of this curse has indulged too far into chaos or corruption and recovered without serious repercussions. As a result of tempting fate, the Gods have doomed this person to be at the forefront of every combat situation, compelling every unholy creature to be agitated and specifically target

Rituals:

[COMMON] The Communion Ritual: The most absolute basic, and well-explored ritual to date. It is the way of sending a message to the Gods, and only occasionally Demi-Gods. It is, however, extremely expensive depending on the message. The Gods have varying difficulties to commune with, shown here easiest to hardest. (Jestos, Xeres, Itas, Koros, Axbus, Edes. From hereon, Demi-Gods are the hardest to commune with. No known Demi-Gods have ever answered the Communion). Usually, the basic materials in order to call upon your selected Diety are able to be relatively simple. Depending, your Diety may enjoy a sacrifice, an expression of emotion or knowledge, or a feat so great a God had no choice but to acknowledge you. Double or even triple summoning has occurred with very poor results. This ritual is performed in the classic circle with chalk and wax candles.

[UNCOMMON] The Binding: A true expression of love between two beings. In this ritual, both physical bodies are completely exterminated to dust. However, the souls are combined to such an extent that they are inseparable even when consumed by Jestos or Xeres. This is a form of insurance that even in death the two will never be parted, and share in suffering or peace together. This is usually done in an emotionally charged last stand, many Kings and Queens would rather commit to The Binding than die by the end of a blade or a spell. The chant for this ritual is as follows: "For evigt, måske for evigt. Skal vi sammen, samme vej. Og når i morgen får øjne, og natten hviler sig. Skal vi for evigt måske samme vej." This chant is repeated twice. Red wax candles should be burned in a circle and the two should burn their most prized possessions as fuel for the souls to merge.

[UNCOMMON] Prophetic Readings: One of the rituals not done with a circle, but instead using sign-reading. It is reminiscent of Pagan rituals, where a sacrificial animal is used. If not animal is used, bones will suffice. The bones must be broken by sheer physical force without tools or weapons after being submerged in wine for a day. When a chant is used, the bones will reveal a message inside. The message given may be blatantly false, a point of view statement, or otherwise misleading. It is not uncommon for these readings to lead to rash action and other acts of emotion. The chant used is adaptable and is always your objective. If you wish to know the result of an upcoming battle, you must chant this several times. When the wine grows red, it is ready to break and be read.

[RARE] Battle Control: Another ritual not needing an enclosed environment. Battle Control has been witnessed turning the tides of battle long before it was given a name. Usually, those who oppose the ritual performer will experience absolute fear and feel an overwhelming compulsion to flee or surrender. If neither option is open they will commit suicide. If two of these rituals are performed at the same time, both sides will enter a state of zombie-like mind and commit suicide collectively. The reason for this has never been discovered. The ritual is simple. A chant in a long lost tongue: "Jeg fordømmer dig med evig lidelse." Which translates to "I damn you with eternal suffering." The ritual must be completed when the ritual performer wears a necklace made of ivory and drinks the fermented blood of an animal. The more powerful the animal, the more powerful the effect will be.

Thermal

Back to top Go down

Thermal's list of ideas and cool stuff i guess Empty Re: Thermal's list of ideas and cool stuff i guess

Post by Captain Snyder Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:09 am

These are some good stuff. I'm going to have to rewrite some of them, but I'll be adding a good amount of these in regardless.

Thank you for your contribution!
Captain Snyder
Captain Snyder
Admin

https://vivenseriousroleplay.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Thermal's list of ideas and cool stuff i guess Empty Re: Thermal's list of ideas and cool stuff i guess

Post by Thermal Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:21 am

of course, some of these were somewhat memes with sleep-deprived ideas behind them

Thermal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum