Viven Serious Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arcane Bomb

2 posters

Go down

Arcane Bomb Empty Arcane Bomb

Post by DORARARA Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:46 pm

Spell Name: Arcane Bomb

Spell School: Arcane

Spell Modifier: -30

Spell Mana Cost: 40

Spell Description: The user touches a point or nonliving object that is not spell resistant, planting a magical bomb. The point or object gives off a subtle blue glow, concentrated with arcane energy. The bomb is easily found with magic-detecting means. When the bomb detonates on contact, or by the caster's whim, a blue explosion consumes everything within three feet, leaving fourth-degree burns upon whatever it touches. The explosion has no effect on arcane resistant objects.

Spell Success Desc: You see a bright glow appear on the point as you cast the bomb, feeling a good amount of your mana leave through your hand.

Spell Fail Desc: The spell backfires, the bomb detonating there in your hand, leaving it scorched with a fourth-degree burn. You feel nothing except the radiant heat, your nerves burned away. It's likely only the strongest spell will heal this wound.

DORARARA

Back to top Go down

Arcane Bomb Empty Re: Arcane Bomb

Post by Captain Snyder Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:19 pm

Definitely an interesting spell. I really like the concept!

I think I'll rewrite it to be a bit more similar to the runes in Skyrim, and I think I'll make two variants of this for each category it could belong in. (Elemental & Arcane), and for a minor & major variant.

Thank you for your contribution! I'll be sure to let you know when this spell is added. It'll likely be sometime closer towards the weekend, as thursday/friday are my seizure therapy days and I'm very tired on these days.
Captain Snyder
Captain Snyder
Admin

https://vivenseriousroleplay.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down